Tuesday 3 April 2012

Pho Vietnam House

Last night my housemates with a guest they had up from Sheffield, headed to a lovely tiny Vietnamese restaurant not far from ours called Pho Vietnamese House.

I had been there once before and my housemates a few times.

It is a wee tiny restaurant, with 4 or 5 tables in total. A short but succinct and delicious menu, and byo.

Having been here before I still remembered the food envy I had when I first saw the Pork dish, so even though we were sharing, I pleaded that we may try that.
 I had opted for a plate of the fresh spring rolls for myself, as the others shared a plate of fresh and fried between the 3 of them.
 They were positively lovely, the mint was a refreshing and a refined addition, and the peanut sauce was a perfect compliment.
 I was a little disappointed that there wasn't a bit for filling apart from rice noodles all the way through. There were prawns in, and there were beautiful... but maybe a few more.

 Everyone except I ordered the chicken noodle soup. And there were certainly no shortages oh mmm's and ahhhh's between slurps.

 This was a braised pork dish with caramel and pepper. The meat was ahhh-mazing, a lovely slow cook which left the meat moist and fall-apart tender. The sauce over the rice was a treat in itself.
 This was our fish dish. It was also lovely, but definitely a runner up to the pork.
 Delicious crispy bean shoots, lime and mint to add as we pleased.
And a lasting memory of the dish of the day.

Reservations are recommended if you decide to eat here. It's byo and cheap as chips, but sensational flavours and good serving sizes.

No comments:

Post a Comment