Monday 9 January 2012

TEPPENYAKI!

While in Glasgow we got the boys to choose another Japanese restaurant for us. (Never too much Japanese). We left it all up to then, we just got in a taxi and crossed our fingers. The place was Sapporo Teppenyaki. We arrived early and headed to the bar to wait.
I have never had proper teppenyaki before and I was as excited as I was nervous.

The bar was lovely, maybe a bit bright, but was a pleasant place to wait, the bar tender was very courteous, and they had my favourite


When the boys arrived, we were shown to our table.

The menu was ammmmazzzinnnggggg, there was so many things I wanted to try, but managed to settle on a reasonable amount of options.

Starter of Sashimi and Gyoza. The sashimi was so beautiful, and was the lovliest fresh fish I have ever tried....

Yep, 3 accompaniments, how I love extra sauces and condiments.

The theatrics of teppenyaki are sooooo as good as I had hoped for I could honestly watch the chefs cook forever.

My main of Land & Sea was amazing, my lobster was so garlicky and the meat so flavoursome, and when my fillet steak made it to my plate shortly after, the first bite brought me very close to tears... yes I dfo get very emotional when it comes to food, especially a perfectly cooked steak.

Mains were served with vegetables and potatoes, both done on the grill and fried rice.

Such a good night.

http://www.sapporo.co.uk/

No comments:

Post a Comment